Saturday, September 19, 2009

Down the slippery slope.....


Like a Pacific salmon, I feel myself inexorably drawn to the waters where I was raised, hence my belief that, month by month, year by year, I am becoming more and more a suburban dad. Not that I dwell in Westchester or northern NJ, or northern Cook County, IL, all that much. But attitudes and activities are beginning to resemble the places I grew up....all I need now are the wife and kids and house. Not too late for all that, is it?

Today, I moved another notch along that slippery slope. Back on the golf course and what a glorious day it was. The glove, yes, the glove...I bought my first golf glove. And perhaps, for purely symbolic and superstitious reasons, I shot the best round of my short-lived golf career today. So, I am getting hooked and wondering what's next? The shoes? The plaid shorts? Stay tuned.....


No comments:

Post a Comment