Monday, March 16, 2009

Love and forgiveness

I was having dinner with two friends of mine last night, and one of them was lamenting about what a bad mood he had been in all weekend long. How he had been nasty and ornery and had at one point even yelled at his 3 year old son. His wife had been upset with him all weekend etc etc etc. Sound familiar?

We commiserated with C, agreeing that we each have rough days rough patches, saying and doing things we quickly regret. It will pass, it will pass, we assured him.

At the end of the meal, something caught my eye and I turned back over my left shoulder and saw the cutest little boy holding a lovely bouquet of flowers. It was my friend's son, who had arrived with his mother and baby sister, and as he presented the flowers and scrunched up on his dad's lap, I'm not sure which one of us started to cry first...... What a moment. True story!

Acts of forgiveness and the power of love. Doesn't get any better than that.

Spread the love around, my friend. Someone out there needs the kind word or gesture that only you can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment