Monday, September 29, 2008

Ending on a good note

The year 5758 in the Jewish calendar ends tonight.  The financial markets are spiraling down today. There is worry and fear all around.

OK, so let's try to end this (religious) year with a short reflection on some of the good things happening today:

1. The Chicago Cubs are in first place, with the 2nd best record in major league baseball.  Though I'm not a big sports fan, there are a lot of people in my life who are---and are relishing this development with the traditional mixture of delight and dread for what lies ahead.  Go Cubbies !!

2. Parents, brother, sister, and their families are alive, well, and moving forward joyously with their lives.  Hope the same true for yours.

3. I am healthy, have productive work, a little money in the bank, roof over my head, food in the fridge---I never want to take any of this for granted.

4. Blessed with a lot of love and concern from family, friends, and other special people in my life.

5. The Obama campaign seems to have turned the corner and I am feeling optimistic about the election for the first time since June.  

Gratitude list is long; I'll stop here.  Make one of your own this week.  Worth having and referring to in the weeks and months ahead.

Happy and healthy new year.

Love all around,

Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment