Saturday, April 17, 2010

To sleep, perchance to rest

I had one of my best night's sleep's in a week on EK 203 today, en route from Dubai to JFK. Though our media launch budget doesn't yet include business class airfare for BobOnARoll, I had one of my best vertical nights in a long time; I was just that tired. Woke up amazingly refreshed after about six hours, and had plenty of time to watch two movies I'd highly recommend: Crazy Heart (Jeff Bridges) and The Blind Side (Sandra Bullock). Neither were great intellectual properties but perfect airplane fare, and, since I had vowed not to do a shred of work for the entire flight, the films were a welcome excuse to experience, feel, and not to think.

Today's flight was extra long---over 15 hours---due to the flight diversions from the volcano. Today we flew straight west across Africa rather than the usual northern route over Iraq, Turkey, Russia, and Scandinavia.


No comments:

Post a Comment