Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Year end

Been putting together my year end financial records for the business and assessing the....uh...damages from the most challenging year yet in my media career. I didn't much like what I completed today but it was a good reality check on the state of my finances and the specific challenges that lie ahead.

Have been voluntarily and involuntarily re-assessing everything here at year's end. And mostly counting those many blessings that have been placed before me, most importantly a great and close family and dear friends who really go much more than the extra mile for me.

Despite some deep personal disappointments that have manifested at this year end, it has also been a year of reconnection with friends I have not seen for a long time. Funny how it works out that just the folks you really need to see suddenly appear. Yes, I do believe in angels.

I have an active fantasy life and hopes and dreams just as you do, dear reader. But I try to set aside time to do a serious reality check a few times a year and, where challenges are not yet met, deal with them. Where professional and personal goals are unfulfilled, prepare a plan and forge ahead. Fully aware that outcomes are not up to me. And, on a good day, accepting that however the next year unfolds, there will be plenty of reasons and outcomes to celebrate.

I hope the same holds true for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment