Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Japanese 101

This self improvement kick really has got to stop somewhere. In a moment of absurd ambition and excitement after my last trip to Japan, I called the Japan Society here in NYC and signed up for basic conversational Japanese. And, after the inaugural session this past Monday, I already realize I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

So, every Monday and Wednesday evenings, I'll be joining fourteen other victims for two hours of speaking and writing and hopefully emerge by mid December able to proceed beyond 'where's the toilet' and 'have a nice day'.

Jase and I both love Japan, and it seems, oddly enough, like the most convenient meeting place for us. So, raise your hands and give me a full-throated 'kampai' as off to school I go. Hmmm...will anyone offer to carry my books for me after class???

No comments:

Post a Comment