Saturday, February 14, 2009

A kiss is just a.....

Several BobOnARollers have mentioned recently that this blog is drifting too high in the stratosphere. Perhaps.

So, let's talk about kissing.

You may not know it from reading my posts, but BobOnARoll is a sentimentalist behind the veneer of steely cold eyed analysis and ambition that is usually on display. One of my clients once referred to me as 'the coldest eye in town'--and, of course, I took it as a compliment. Cold eyes, warm heart, I say ! But that's really only in my biz life.

I love a good kiss as much as the next guy. In fact, I like kissing the next guy. But that's not today's topic.

Why we kiss is largely unknown. Some speculate that the origins lie in mother to infant food transfer in early homo sapien development. But that won't do for a Valentine's Day sentiment.

Current explanations--devoid of romantic content--point in the direction of a major histocompatibility complex, the human equivalent of sniffing around one's presumed mate. The theory being that we get close enough to sniff and taste before we mate so that we can decide whether our prospect has the right mix of genetic material to propogate diversity in the species. OK. Advice to the resolutely single: Don't leave your dirty laundry within sniffing distance of overnight guests.

Alright, enough about history and science.

It's V Day. Get out there with your partner, lover, or BFF and plant a big smooch. And don't close your eyes!! Just go for it.

After all, a kiss is not just a kiss.

This one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment